I finally admitted something to myself this weekend.

via
I had given myself a long list of yard work that needs to get done and I did exactly 20 minutes of it before deciding that the pool was a better idea.

via
It was at that time that I finally admitted to myself that I hate yard work. Now I know you are thinking, "duh, big revelation. Everyone hates to weed and lay mulch and cut the grass." But I'm not talking about the basics. I have grown to hate planting things, even going to the nursery is no longer fun.

via

The irony of all of this is that I swoon over beautiful landscaping. The smell of mulch puts me over the moon with excitement. I love taking drives in the summer to look at everyone's beautiful yards. And when I travel, the different plants and vegetation are things I comment on so much it starts to drive my family crazy.

via
I just don't want to do any of the work.

When we first moved into our house, I loved working in the yard, then I tolerated it and now I avoid it at all costs. I want a beautiful yard, I really do. I just don't want any part in creating it. I'd rather be at the pool. So this is the summer I think I'll finally admit that I want no part in improving my yard. I will wait for the landscaping fairy to wave her magic wand on my yard and in the meantime, I will do my best to maintain what I've got.

How about you? Do you love working in the yard? Have you ever had something that you loved to look at but dreaded to actually do once you realized what is involved? Any chance there really is a landscaping fairy?


1 comments:

  1. I like your site because i found really important things for my final year project. I implement some things on my site. So here is my case study, you can read it here.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top