Good evening everyone!!!! This morning Joe and I went out to breakfast then to the grocery to get the makings for our dinner tonight! We wanted to have crabcakes, pierogies and summer slaw!!!!!!!!!! So that is what is "on the menu" for us tonight!!!!!We wanted to eat on the deck so we could really enjoy the evening. The hydrangeas are from our bushes and are blooming beautifully now!!!!! I wanted to use my bird dinner plates so decided to go with a natural, organic, bird theme!

 The 2 birdhouses are usually in the kitchen but wre put into use for our dinner table.  I also brought out ONE of my many bird nests to add to the theme. The place setting is a NATURAL, twig placemat that brings out the brown in the bird dinner plate, the dinner plate,  a brown edged salad plate and a creamy soup bowl. We thought we would have some shrimp and corn chowder for a first course but decided to save that for tomorrow night.
 I gathered 2 napkins together for a fuller look: a plain blue and a white with a beautiful embroidered yellow flower. They are gathered together with my favorite rings, the fork and spoon!
 A close up of the dinner plate. I got these at Pier One several years ago, on clearance, for $1.98 each!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it???? I fell in love at first sight! They are resting on  my white chargers.
 The brown edged salad plate.
 And a creamy soup bowl.


 Beautiful blue wine glasses held my Pinot Grigio.
 The hydrangeas are blooming in an array of gorgeous colors!!!!! See the hints of green and even a little gold????? Mother Nature is spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I rested this birds nest against one of the bird houses.
 The hydrangeas are in a beautiful cut glass vase that I LOVE!!!!!!


 Some of the blooms are HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! This is ONE bloom!!!!!!

 We each had a wire nest votive holder. I found these at Michaels in the winter and grabbed them quickly!!!! I love them!


 The crab cakes before coooking. I will post the YUMMY recipe this week so please come back!
 Sizzlin......
 Pierogies cooking in a little butter.
 Golden brown.........

 Joe's dinner plate.
 The Target bird S and P are a staple in the summer here!

 The candles are lit!






 I thought the yellow in the napkin really echoed the yellow of the bird.
I will post the crab cake recipe this week and join Micheal Lee at Foodie Friday. I will be joining Yvonne tonight for On the Menu Monday at http://www.stonegable.blogspot.com/   Please come and visit her GORGEOUS blog! You will be hooked! I will also join Susan at Tablescape Thursday at http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/. Thanks so much for visiting. Please leave me a comment so I know you were here!!!!!! XO, Pinky I am also joining Marty at http://www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/  for Tabletop Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top