Hi everyone! Yesterday it was HOT and HUMID so we had our family picnic INDOORS! It was alot of fun though! Some of the guys (and the dogs) did sit out o the deck for awhile before and after dinner. The BEST part of the day was that my daughter and SIL brought almost all of the food, did all the cooking and CLEANED UP!!!!!!!!!! A girl could get used to this type of treatment!!!!!! Thanks so much Tracy and Dave!!!! Here is the table. It is a little different from the table I did last week outside. I haven't found a "patriotic" tablecloth big enough for my table with the leaves in it so used this white one.
 The place setting is the red placemat, white dinner dish, blue salad plate and white bowl. The "napkins" are dish towels. I figure with burgers, dogs, etc. you need something SUBSTANTIAL!!!

 I scattered little red, silver and blue stars on the table.
 Red pillar candles.

 I used my hydrangeas from the yard and some grocery store daisies and carns for the centerpiece. The hydrangeas look purple in the pics but they are a real TRUE blue! I placed 4 flags in the vase too.

 My flag S and P.

 Blue water goblets and clear wine glasses.

 Dessert was vanila ice cream with strawberries and blueberries and whipped cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMO!!!!!!


 I set another table in the breakfast room but several people weren't able to come. So this table didn't get used.




Soon it was time to light the candles and EAT!


 We set up a buffet in the kitchen to make it easier. Burgers and dogs....
 corn bread
 macaroni and cheese
 "fixins" for the burgers and dogs:) OH, I forgot to get a pic of the corn on the cob! That is why the corn holders are there:):)
 deviled eggs
 My 3 bean casserole. I will share that recipe soon. Easy and GOOD!!!!
I will be joining Susan this Thurs. for Tablescape Thurs. and Gollum on Fri. for Foodie Fri. Hope you all had a GREAT weekend! Here are the links to the parties! http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
http://www.designsbygollum.blogspot.com/ I am also joining the Tablescaper for Seasonakl Sundays at: http://www.thetablescaper.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top