Yesterday I showed you our table and dinner that was crab cakes, pierogies ans summer slaw! I am going to share the recipes here.  For the crabcakes: you use 1 lb. crabmeat, 1 1/2 c. bread crumbs or 15 Ritz crackers,2-3 T. minced scallions, 2 T. minced sweet red pepper, 1/2 Tsp dried thyme, 1 T. parsley, 1/4 c. mayonnaise, 1 egg, 2 tsp. lemon juice and 1/2 tsp. lemon zest, 2 tsp. dijon mustard, 2 T. butter and a few dashes of Worchestershire.
 Toss together crabmeat, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, scallions and spices. In another bowl combine the mayo, egg and mustard. Stir into crab mixture. Form into 8 patties. NOTE: Make a large ball of the mixture, divide it in half then keep dividing til you have 8 even portions. Then coat the patties with the remaining bread crumbs. Heat butter in skillet and saute patties til golden brown on both sides and heated through.

 This would be enought to serve 4 people 2 patties each.
 The summer slaw is different from cole slaw in that it is all DICED instead of shredded. The slaw includes: diced cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers and green onions. The dressing is made of : mayo, sugar, cider vinegar and salt. I don't have measurements, I just kind of wing it til it tastes the way I want!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!
 I will add this to Yvonne's On The Menu Monday at http://www.stonegable.blogspot.com/   You can see her button on the left side of my blog. I will also join ML at her Foodie Friday party! http://www.designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

Thanks again for your visit, I so appreciate it!!!!! XO, Pinky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top