The other day I shared with you a breakfast that I had for several friends. I have gotten many e-mails asking me to share the recipes. So, here they are!
Egg Casserole:
Butter 6 pieces of bread and cut into cubes. (I used a multi grain bread as a denser bread seems to work best).
Grease a 9x12 pan and spread bread cubes in the pan.Grate 1/2 lb. of sharp cheddar cheese (or one bag) and cook 1/2 pound of bacon.Spread cheese over bread then crumble bacon over the cheese.Beat 6 eggs in 3 cups milk(I use skim) add S and P to taste. Pour over mixture. Refrigerate overnight. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 mins. ENJOY!!!!


French Toast Casserole:
Ingredients
1 loaf (1 pound) French bread (I used whole wheat) cut into cubes
8 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups 2%milk
4 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract (I used 2)
3/4 tsp. salt
Topping:
2 Tbls. butter
3 Tbls. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Maple syrup (optional)...but not to me:)

Place bread cubes in a greased 9x13 in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar,vanilla and salt.Pour over the bread.Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Dot with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over the top.
Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 mins. Serve with warm maple syrup. Yield 12 servings.
I always make these for guests and for Christmas and/or Thanksgiving morning.I always serve them with a fruit salad too. Hope you qwill try these and ENJOY!!!!!I am partying here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top