Good Monday morning my friends! I have to thank you all for being SO patient with me and hanging in there while we have been painting, throwing things out, packing, cleaning etc. But now we are "STAGING"!!!! Whoo hoo. The house will be on the market soon. Now, I have to preface this post by saying that I stated to my hubby the other day, "this house is now officially devoid of all personality!!!". But, it is ready to sell and I have to remember, people do not want to see MY possessions, they want to visualize their own things in here. That being said, here we go! In the foyer here, we removed the baker's rack that was on the stone wall. (All these things have been done at the request of the "stager") I, personally, think the baker's rack was a pretty "welcome", but.....
 I was allowed to leave the 2 shelf units to the sides, but they have been pared down.
 Her we are in the living room. This credenza was supposed to go because she wanted us to rearrange the sofa. We tried that but it looked HORRIBLE, it just does NOT fit the way she wanted it so it is staying.
 Oh, the speakers are now gone too, they are being used as "night stands" here in my office that is now staged as a bedroom. I hope you can follow all this:):)
 In this corner, you might remeber my rattan etegere. Gone.:):)
 I replaced my coffee table with this brass one that WAS in our master bedroom. This one is smaller and gives more room to move around.
 The curio cabinet in the corner was supposed to be removed but, again, it is staying.
 The mantle and hearth have been pared down. I was only supposed to leave the 2 wooden lights but I thought it was TOO bare for a 9 foot mantle.

 The oriental screen was in this corner. It is now stored at Joe's cousin's house. He has been kind enough to let us store things that we didn't want to go into the POD at his house. He has a full, empty, basement that is bone dry. Thank you, Pat!!!!
 The bar has been pared down by 1/2.
 I'm not sure if I ever showed you this painting. It was done by my Father. He was an artist. Our last name was Martini, and he drew my Mother's and his hands holding martini glasses.
 You can see his signiture in the bottom right corner. he didn't sign many of his things so this is priceless to me.
 Here we go into the dining room.
 The server OR the baker's rack was to be removed.....
 So, the server is gone and is in the "bedroom" that is also my office. I'll show you that in a later post this week.
 I know that picture in the middle is too high but the oriental screen was there, and had to go so we switched to this picture to hide the mark in the wall. We did NOT want to have to paint this room too, plus we don't still have this paint.
 My simple centerpiece for the table. I just got a new runner with birds embroidered on the ends that will go here.

 Didn't mean to include this picture, but don't know how to delete it so this is a little sneak peek at the bridge upstairs:):)
Thanks for stopping by. I will continue the "tour" this week so please come back. I am joining these parties this week:

Show and Tell Saturday at Be Different, Act Normal
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Motivated Monday at Be Colorful
Making the World Cuter Monday at Making the World Cuter
More the Merrier Monday at DIY Home Sweet Home Project
Savvy Homemade Monday at Home Savvy A to Z
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tutorials and Tips Tuesday at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
It's A Party on Thursday at A Creative Princess
Show and Share on Thursday at Southern Lovely
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Share Your Creations on Thursday at Kristen's Creations
Remodelaholic's Anonymous on Friday at Remodelaholic
Addicts (not so) Anonymous on Friday at Addicted 2 Decorating
Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Potpourri Friday at 2805
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Sew Darn Crafty Sunday at http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming

XO, Pinky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top