Happy Memorial day everyone and a HUGE thank you to all the veterans who have served and do serve to protect us all. Since we are officially now ushering in Summer (but I think Mother Nature didn't get the memo:):), I have been wanting to change up and lighten up the mantle. I used my new bottles with the white flowers for height. I love the 10 foot ceilings we have here! I may just be on the lookout for a new picture for here too, but for now this one blends in fine.
 The whte flowers really pop against the stone.
 I wanted to accent with some blue and white pieces from my collection. The 2 jars are favorite pieces and the center piece is a smaller planter filled with ivy.
 On each end I have a faux hydrangea. The pots are wrapped with leaves and tied with raffia.

 Here is the view as you walk into the great room.

 I haven't changed the hearth yet but plan to maybe do that too.
 We are going to a picnic this afternoon at our clubhouse and they will also be opening the pool. THIS GIRL will NOT be getting in, still WAY too cold for that:) But I hope to enjoy many days there this summer.  Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you are enjoying this holiday weekend and remembering the real reason for the holiday.
 
I will be linking this to:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top