I have to give a BIG shout out to Shirley of Hospitality Designs. She did a post recently about her new potting bench that she made. First of all it is adorable. When I saw it, right away I noticed a pot on it that said "Rosebud". My heart skipped a beat cause that was my Mom's nickname, in the family and then it got shortened to Buddy as she got older.  I e-mailed Shirley and asked her that if she EVERwanted to get rid of that pot to please let me know and I would buy it from her and I told her why. Right away she wrote back and said she would send it to me, now!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it, but she said she was happy it would mean something to someone. So, it arrived in the mail and I finally went and got some flowers to plant in it. Shirley also told me that it was writ
ten around the pot, "Gather Ye Rosebuds".


 I put 3 little annuals in it today. 2 of them are called Torenia; one pink and one purple, and then I also added a varieated vinca, to trail. I just LOVE this pot. After summer is over I have plans to put succulents in it for the winter. NEXT summer (or maybe this summer, we will have a deck and I can have it on the table on the deck!

 It is sitting next to my Bunny. "Bunny" was my Aunt's name and she helped raise my sister and I. Our Dad died when I was 4 and my sister was 2.
 Every time I see this, I will think of them both and say a prayer for them.I can't thank you enough, Shirley!
Isn't the flower on the torenia pretty!?


Thanks so much for your visit. There is LOTS going on around here! We finally got our landscaping plans approved so we have begun to do our beds. I can't wait to share them with you all! This is very exciting to me, I love to garden and be surrounded by flowers and pretty shrubs. We have purchased alot and are also bringing some things from the old house! That makes me happy too. Now all we have to do is GET IT SOLD!!!!!!!!!!! XO, Pinky
Linking to:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top