About a year after we moved into our house I was locking the front door when the door knob literally fell thru the door. It was original to the house (70+ years old) and it had rotted from the inside out. Since our house is old and nothing is standard we had to get a custom door so I decided to get exactly what I wanted. I believe my door salesmen's exact words were "You sure lady?!" when I told him. But I've been thrilled with our choice. This door lets a lot of light into what would otherwise be a dark corner of the house and I love the character it adds inside and out.


We get a lot of complements on our front door. But those complements are often followed by questions. Don't you feel exposed? Aren't you worried about your privacy? How do you check to see who is at the door?

via
While I understand the curiosity, I always find these questions a bit odd. No one cares what is going on inside my house. I have yet to find people standing in my yard trying to peek into my windows.

via

Anyone who would try to break into my house isn't going to case the joint by looking thru the front door first. I'm pretty sure most thieves are a bit sneakier than that. And nosy neighbors are more concerned about what is happening in other rooms than the entry.

via

There is a house not far from us with beautiful windows, great exposure and fabulous plantation shutters in every single window that are. never. open. Why?? I don't understand. Let in that beautiful light people!!

via

And who are all of these people that are coming to your door? In the whole time I've lived here I can honestly think of only four times a stranger knocked on my door unannounced.

via
As for people you know dropping by unannounced, the car in the driveway is going to give me away so I don't have a lot of places to hide, glass door or not.

via
It is one of the best ways to get a double bang for your buck - big curb appeal boost and indoor light and style queen. What is not to love?

via
So if you are considering it, or at all on the fence, I am here to tell you to go for it. You won't be sorry.


And remember, no matter how much glass we have, we still open it up to peek around the corner.

What do you think? Could you have a glass front door? Are you worried about privacy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top