Good afternoon my dear friends! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have recuperated from all that FOOD!!!! I actually am looking forward to having some leftovers for dinner tonight, it was SO GOOD!!!! I hate to BRAG:):) but I do make awesome stuffing and gravy:):):). Oh my tummy is growling. Joe and I have been working non stop all day getting all the outside Christmas decorations up. It was GORGEOUS today, 63 degrees!!!!! That NEVER happens, we usually are FREEZING doing the decorations. Now, Back to Thanksgiving. I decided that I needed to cut myself a break, so I purchased some PRETTY paper plates and napkins!!!! This is a FIRST in 44 years of marriage, believe me. I also bought Chinet to put under the paper plates for added strength. I figured with gravy and all that food the plate would need some support!!! So, here is my table. I used my nice tablecloth that you saw last week, the rust colored chargers then the chinet plate and the paper plate!!:)

 I did use my nice crystal wine glasses and my leaf water glasses.
 Had to include my turkey place card holders.
 And my FAVORITE embossed candles.


 There were 10 of us for dinner and we all stuffed ourselves on turkey, sweet potato  casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, peas, pearl onions, and for dessert; peach pie with vanilla ice cream or cheesecake! 

 Now, to let you in on a little secret; after dinner, all of our guests except my daughter and SIL got up and said, "we have to go now, we want to go SHOPPING"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Noone even cleared a glass. SO, I was VERY happy that I had used the paper plates.
 It still took a long time (into Fri. morning) to get it all cleaned up and food put away etc. but that's OK. I was so anxious to get to DECORATING for Christmas:):):) OH, I set up the card table to put the food on since the table would have been too crowded. And buffet style just doesn't work in this tiny dining room.
I hope as I said, that you all had a FABULOUS day. Thanks so much for stopping by. Now I am going to cook up those leftovers!!!!! Much love to all of you. I so appreciate every single one of you. XO, Pinky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top