First of all and MOST importantly, I want to wish EACH and EVERYONE of you a Happy, blessed and grateful Thanksgiving. I hope you will be surrounded by family and friends and truly BE thankful for life's blessings. This is a true American holiday and one that brings us together to be grateful for all we have. On Sat. we hosted our son-in-laws 40th birthday dinner and the table for Thanksgiving will be VERY similiar. So this is one post to cover 2 dinners!!!! I used my BOUNTIFUL tablecloth that is covered with pumpkins, leaves, gourds etc. Then I placed a brown woven placemat, a rust colored charger, green dinner plate, punpkin dessert plate and a decorative pumpkin to top it all off!!!! I also placed a faux leaf in between the plates for even more interest.

 A shot of the placesettng.
 I have plenty of these pretty brown napkins that have a leaf embroidered onto them. I crossed the  dinner fork and dessert fork to see the leaf! And, again, I used my brown bamboo flatware.
 I started out with my leaf wine glasses.... and a pumpkin placecard holder and pumpkin tealite holder.
 they have 3 different leaves on them

 At first I had these candle holders but later swithced them out. I felt they were too tall for comfortable conversation.


 I made my centerpiece several years ago. It is a wicker cornucopia, filled with beautiful leaves, pumpkins, gourds, flowers etc.



 Our menu consisted of filets, crabcakes, potato casserole, mac and cheese and confetti corn. We made 2 sauces for the filets: a madiera sauce and a peppercorn sauce.
 So, I needed my 2 gravy boats.
 This is the candle holder I used and with the rust colored candles. I liked the cream color of the holders with the cream of the tablecloth.
 I LOVE these fun, pumpkin candle rings!

 I also added my brown bubble water goblets.



 Time to get those candles LIT!!!! Can you see the pumpkin placecard holders and the pumpkin tealite holder!
 We are ready for some FOOD!!! I had to remove the centerpiece, but we want to have room for the food, now don't we!
 This was Dave's birthday cake: chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and fudge frosting!!!!!!!!!!
 And we were surprised with an anniversary cake: yellow cake with raspberry filling and fudge frosting!!!!!
It was a wonderful, fun evening with family and they will all be back on Thursday!!!! Blessings and love to all of you. Next time I will be sharing CHRISTMAS decorations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to go do a clients house tomorrow, but I did start on my house yesterday. Just downstairs....nobody will know:):) HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XO, Pinky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top