Hi and WELCOME to the great room! I am slowly but surely getting the house together and am so excited to share it all with you. My back had gotten VERY bad so I actually am going to the Dr. tomorrow. Today I couldn't do anything. Anyway, here we are. As you can see the kitchen, morning room and great room is all one big space. LOTS of windows that  LOVE but don't have window treatments yet:) I love my NEW blue and white pillows. I found them at TJMaxx a few months ago. Ralph Lauren, down filled and COMFY!
 I had the elephants on each side of the fireplace but moved them to beside the sofa, like I had them in the old house. We'll see.
 Here is the fireplace. We actually have had one fire.  The picture was in the hallway at the old house but I LOVE it on this fireplace. The elephants were my in-laws, that we inherited. I have wanted them for YEARS!!!!!!
 On the hearth I just placed 2 candle holders with brown glass pumpkins on top.
 The 2 carved lanterns on each side are from India and were also my in-laws. I am a LUCKY girl.Whoops, just realized you can JUST see the vacuum on the left, sorry!
 The curio cabinet is FILLED with blue and white porcelains. The 2 jars were gifts. The one on the left was actually from a sale at the home of the tennis player, Andrea Yager. She lived right behind my in-laws and they went to a sale that she had. They got me 2 jars, still in the crates! She evidently got gifts from other countries when she played there and never even opened these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The larger one on the right was a gift from my son. he had it in his shop, when he had one.
 The door in the background is one of the 2 pantries. I will show you more when we tour the kitchen.
 The screen was also my in-laws. I love that screen and will show you the painted back soon. It looks pretty from the morning room too! I didn't even have the coffee table when I took these so that will have to be another post. Today, in the morning, I did style it with some Fallness:):)

I think the little guy at the back is saying, "wait for me!!".
It is funny how the same pieces look so different in a differnt house! These 2 pictures look so pretty here by the fireplace.They are hammered metal with velvet matting. LOVE.

Hope you enjoyed seeing the great room, as it is right now. I WILL be getting window tratments, just haven't decided what I really want yet. I wll join these fun parties, pleas go visit for lots of inspiration!!!
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style
Stonegable
Cowgirl Up
StoneGable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits!
Seasonal Sundays-The Tablescaper
Tabletop Tuesday-A Stroll Thru Life
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Share Your Creations on Thursday at Kristen's Creations
Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Potpourri Friday at 2805
Thanks so much for your visit. There is much more to come! XO, Pinky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top