Welcome! Last Sat. night we had our dinner group here. I set the table with a Spring, birds, nests, eggs and organic theme. It was a fun table to do! I wish I had gone with my first instinct and used a white tablecloth but this worked too. It actually matched one of the stripes in the placemat. So, here is the setting: green tablecloth, plaid placemat, white charger, green dinner plate, and the salad plates EACH have a different herb pictured. I will show you all of them down further! Then a sweet twig nest topped with a bird. The 2 napkins are gathered together with a fork and spoon napkin ring. They came from Pier One several years ago.
 Green water goblets and clear crystal wine glasses.
 Dark brown bamboo flatware.



 Just a small stack of plates for this dinner.
 The centerpiece is this piece that is a pot with a wire cloche and filled with several plants, a nest, eggs and a bird.
 On each side is this. I found these sweet wire cloches at a great store for only $2.99!!!! I  pushed them into a nest which is in a clear glass bowl, resting on a white plate.
 They each have a sweet bird on top!




 I also added white and green candlesticks with sage candles. Ivy candle rings cascade down the candlestick.

 Here is a close up of the different herb plates. Dill....

 Chives...

 Parsley...
 Sage...
 Lovage...
 Basil....
 Mustard....
 Borage....





Each place had a small green votive candle.

 I used 2 sets of S and P. This one is watering cans...
 and the famous target white birds!





The menu was: Seared scallops over wilted spinach with a balsamic reduction and bacon, baked sweet potatoes, Stewed tomatoes, a great loaf of La Brea bread, and strawberry pie for dessert!!!!! It was all delicious! I wish you ALL could have been there with us. Thanks so much for coming by. Please leave a comment so I know you were here!!! XO, Pinky I am joining Susan at BNOTP, for Tablescape Thursday at: http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top