Happy Labor day my friends! I hope you all have had a wonderful, FUN weekend! We are going to a picnic today but I wanted to share a lunch table I did last week on a very nice, cooler day. LOW humidity and moderate temps gave me the desire to GET OUTSIDE for a change before summer was over! I am hoping to be able to enjoy a FEW more meals outside this month but we are MOVING on 9/28 so this will be a BUSY time for me. I set this table on the deck with some dishes I found at Homegoods several years ago and fell in LOVE with! They only had 2 but I knew they would be fine for the 2 of us.
 I bought the dinner plates the salad lates and the bowls to all go together. I knew I had these placemats and matching napkins that would be the PERFECT match! Serendipity!!!!I decided to use a small grapevine wreath as the napkin ring to bring an organic feel to the table.
 My centerpiece was very simple, a SMALL wicker covered bottle with one of my hydrangeas and some of the impatiens growing in the window boxes on the deck.
 Isn't the color of the flower very close to the dish flowers???
 I just love these and wish I had more.
 This is the beautifully detailed dinner plate.
 And the matching bowl.
 I used my green handled flatware for this table. I thought it brought out the green in the placemat and the dish very nicely.




 Of course I added a couple of votives for some ambiance:):)
 My green goblets are for our COLD drinks.





 It was a beuatiful day last week. Since then it has gotten hot and humid again.
 Soon the sun was moving around the table and casting BEAUTIFUL shadows.
 Here you can see a little of the bottle/vase.



 I wish you ALL could have joined us for a simple lunch.
I will be joining these parties this week:

Little Red House for Mosaic Monday~


Cuisine Kathleen for Let’s Dish!~


StoneGable for Tutorials Tips and Tidbits~


A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday~


Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday~


2805 for Potpourri Friday~

Thanks again for your visit. You all are the best. XO, Pinky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top