It all started with a placemat. I found these placemats several years ago, I THINK at Steinmart, but they only had 4. However, I loved the beautiful design and the fact that they had shells on them. So I have set a table, in the dining room, with SOME of my shells.  I used my clear bubble goblets that remind me of the bubbles in the ocean. Brown sugar "sand" is in the bottom of the goblet with some TINY shells and a starfish.
 The placesetting is simple today. Not a large stack of dishes as I wanted the placemat and shells to star. My everyday green dinner plate is placed on an angle with a scalloped:) white salad plate and a single shell.
 The shell votives are at each place setting.
 I found these new candle holders last year at Home Goods. Love the stacked shells and driftwood. The black base also blends with the black of the placemats.
 I placed a green candle ring on them and embellished it with some more shells.

 This is the placemat that started it all:)

 The runner reminds me of the WAVES in the ocean.

 2 starfish votives flank the centerpiece.

 This is my faux  clam shell FILLED to overflowing with shells and a piece of coral!  Big, small and in between, I love them all. I placed a sea fan behind the shell and.....
 this fun fish piece, another HG find, several years ago.


I need a tiny pail and shovel, huh:)
AHHHH, to be by the sea................
My coral pillow from Kirklands.


 The view from the foyer. Maybe next year I will fill my hutch with shell dishes. I have many and will do another shell table soon.


 I realized that these pillows blend beautifully with the placemat.....

 So, here's to you, my friends, hoping that you SEA the beauty of the summer.
 I will be linking to these parties:
 Metamorphosis MondayInspire Me TuesdayWow Us WednesdaysTutorials Tips and TidbitsHome and Garden ThursdayBe Inspired FridayFeathered Nest FridaySeasonal Sundays, Happy List Tuesdays
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME

Cuisine Kathleen for Let’s Dish!~
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday~
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday~

At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday~

Thanks SO much for your visit. XO, Pinky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top