The winds are HOWLING outside and the temps are dropping like a stone but we had 2 beautiful days in the 60's so I decided to put away ALL the winter decor and get the house ready for Spring. I just hope it gets here one of these days!!! I started with my mantle so will share that first. Forsythia just says Spring to me so I used Forsythia, yellow with green tulips, a tiny white flower, some long creamy branches and some sticks for the arrangements in the vases.

 I ran a white berry gartland through the mantle for some added texture and interest and PIZAZZ!!!





 In the center I placed an arrangement I made several years ago. It is in a TINY urn and it is all done on a styrofoam ball. I cut all the pieces off the stems of hydrangeas, picked them all and placed them into the ball. Then I added some pieces of a berry bush I had. I love this piece.

 2 new birds have flown over to the mantle this year.

 This shows you how tiny the urn is!
 On the hearth I put this wire cloche with some moss at the bottom and resting on that is my green bird and a found nest is snuggled in there too. Do you see the bird at the top of the cloche?



 My tulips are about done so I cut them back and put them in my bee juice glasses for s few days.


I also replaced the pillar candles with these yellow ones to bring that color down to the hearth.

 Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope it is getting nice where you live and I hope it will be Spring when we get back from Fl. We are leaving this Friday but I am going to try to keep blogging while I am gone. XO, Pinky
 
I am linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top