Good Sunday evening! I am so happy to join Yvonne of Stone Gable for her new party, On The Menu Monday! It is a wonderfuk party FULL of great recipes!!! Head on over there for some great inspiration!!! Tonight we had a DELICIOUS dinner. After working in the yard in this HEAT and HUMIDITY it was wonderful to enjoy a good dinner with a good glass of wine. (After we both took showers:):):) I set the table very casually, we were both TIRED from working, plus I had hit my head and it BLED, alot! I will share the recipe at the end of this post. If you like scallops, you will love this!The candle is lit! And the wine is chilled.
- 3 slices lean bacon
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and drain well on paper towels. Remove all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet.
2. Rinse scallops and pat dry. Combine flour and cajun seasoning; add scallops and toss to coat.
3. Cook scallops in hot drippings in skillet about 6 minutes or until browned, turning once.
4. Remove scallops from skillet. Deglaze skillet with white wine.
5. Add spinach to liquid in skillet. Cover and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add vinegar and toss to coat evenly.
6. Return scallops to skillet and heat through. Crumble bacon and sprinkle over scallops.
Forget the flour, just season the scallops with salt, and Cajun seasoning. Sear the scallops in a mixture of Olive oil and butter. When done (about 2-3 minutes per side), deglaze the pan with dry white wine (about ¼ cup)
and add the spinach. Follow instructions above from here. I hope you will enjoy this recipe! Thanks for stopping by!!!! XO, Pinky