HAPPY Valentine's day everyone!!! I hope you all had a love filled day. Today I had 2 friends for lunch and one was Yvonne of Stone Gable!!! Yes, we are good friends, we live about 45 mins. from each other. She hadn't been to the house yet so she was wanting to see it too. I think she liked it:):)  Since they were coming ON Valentines day I set a Valentines table, of course.I used a red with white tablecloth, my white chargers, a red polka dot plate, a heart shapped salad plate and a heart shaped bowl for our soup. Each place had a Valentine's lollipop and a box of Hershey's KISSES to take home. Since it was just lunch I kept things pretty casual.

 My white napkins were gathered in a heart shaped napkin ring.
 I used these stick on gel pieces for our glasses. There were lips, hearts etc.
 And a little box for goodies too!
 I placed the dessert dishes and forks on a cake plate but....NOONE ate dessert cause they are both dieting:(. I had cream puffs with chocolate sauce and chocolate dipped strawberries ready. I guess I will have to just eat them myself;):)



 For my centerpiece I used one of my anthurium plants and I just added some heart picks. I do have a great Valentine's centerpiece that I haven't found yet:):) It is an ivy topiary shaped into a heart with a sweet bird in  the middle. Hopefully it will turn up soon:):) But the anturium, has heart shaped leaves so it works!!!!
 Next to the centerpice I placed 2 heart shaped pillars.


 Let's light the candles!!!!! I shot these last night after the table was set.






 For our lunch we had split pea soup and a big salad with lots of veggies and chicken. I also made a home made dressing and will share that recipe too. It was a big hit!!!
Thanks so much for your viait. I am linking to:

Motivated Monday at Be Colorful

Making the World Cuter Monday at Making the World Cuter

More the Merrier Monday at DIY Home Sweet Home Project

Savvy Homemade Monday at Home Savvy A to Z

Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Tutorials and Tips Tuesday at Home Stories A to Z

 

It's A Party on Thursday at A Creative Princess

Show and Share on Thursday at Southern Lovely

Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here

Share Your Creations on Thursday at Kristen's Creations

Remodelaholic's Anonymous on Friday at Remodelaholic

Addicts (not so) Anonymous on Friday at Addicted 2 Decorating

Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

Potpourri Friday at 2805

Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors

Sew Darn Crafty Sunday at http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/

Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming

Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
LET’S DISH
TABLESCAPE THURSDAY
SEASONAL SUNDAY

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top