And so it begins.

The time for teasing is over, let the sharing begin! I’m thrilled to say that my dear friend Linda has asked me to participate in the One Room Challenge. And let me just say, I’m in some amazing company.


If you haven't followed this series before, the concept is simple – pick a room in your house that needs some attention and redo it entirely in just six weeks. Why are my palms already sweating?

Each Wednesday I, and the 19 other ladies, will share our plans, report on our progress and probably try to stall for more time. Ending the whirlwind with the big reveal of 20 beautiful spaces just six (short) weeks from now. Again, gulp. 

This couldn’t have come at a better time as it gives me the chance to tackle number 3 on my 2013 goal list – redoing the girls’ bedroom.


Here is the keeping it real picture. (highlights Amelia's idea of cleaning her room - putting everything on top of her bed)

Eve is ready to move into her big girl bed (she already prefers to sleep in Amelia's bed instead of her own) and Amelia constantly complains that her room looks too "baby". Don't tell her this, but I'm ready for a change too. This room is a hodge podge and I need a bit more cohesion  I've got two busy girls in this space so organization will be a high priority. 


These are really bad pictures, but aren't all before shots supposed to be extra bad? (Emily Henderson, I listen to you!)

The list for this room is long and there are several head scratchers too. In no particular order, here is what we've got to do. Yes, I said "we". You are coming over to help right?
  1. Come up with functional floor plan
  2. Paint walls/ceiling/trim
  3. Paint dresser (new hardware?)
  4. Update vanity (maybe some fun color or hardware)
  5. Find curtains and add trim
  6. Add a rug and new bedding
  7. Hang art and create some personalized pieces
  8. Find/Install new light fixture (buh bye ceiling fan)
  9. Reupholster chair and possibly add comfy floor cushions 
  10. Find/Make lampshade(s)
Here is my inspiration board. I'm going White, Pink and Blue (with some yellow and green thrown in for good measure.) As many of you know, I'm all about color, so this will be fun.


So now it's out there, floating in the world of the web. I guess that means I have to get started. Make sure to check in with all the other wonderful ladies below and see what their plans are too.



Now, who's coming over to help me? I will accept wine donations in lieu of painting attendance. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top