Good morning my dear sweet friends! I am SOOOO happy to have my computer back and be able to blog once more! I am starting off with a tiny post but have been busy decorating my house for summer and have wanted to share it with you! I have collected shells for well over 30 years and love to display them during the summer. We are starting in the dining room and then we will go to other rooms this week. I hope you enjoy. This is the view from the foyer.
 I recently had a small dinner for a dear friend who has now moved to right outside of Hilton Head!!! I will miss her terribly but am very happy for her. Plus I plan to VISIT!!!:) I set the table with my shells and shell dishes and placemats. We had a DELICIOUS crab lasagna, salad and bread for dinner. I will share the lasagne recipe soon.

 These salad plates I found last year at TJMaxx and scopped them right up!!

 I have had the placemats for years and never tire of them.
 The centerpiece is my huge clam shell filled to overflowing with some of my shells. It is sitting on a bamboo tray and is flanked by more large shells.
 The dinner dish is a creamy, square plate with a slightly brown edge. That matches with the writing on the salad plates.
 I started out while setting the table with these candle sticks but switched them out before dinner.
 I love the placemats because they aren't COVERED with shells, just a few and the pattern is so pretty.

 I got some roses from the yard that were well opened but love them like this.
 Here are the candlesticks I remembered I had. Stacked shells and driftwood pieces.

 On my tiny server I have this little vignette.
 See that tiny starfish?
 Starfish votives are lit. The runner reminds me of the waves in the ocean.
 Shells pillows for the armed chairs.


 One of the girls brought this DELICIOUS raspberry pie. I could have eaten it all!!! We had a wonderful dinner and all talked about all our memories of when we met and all we have done together in the 10years we have known each other. It was a good night. Thanks for your visit!!!!!!
I am joing these parties!!!!
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top