This is what I started with on Monday. These little things RAIN out of the trees so I can sweep and blow the decks every 10 mins. AAUUGGHH!!! But I was determined to get the deck set up and start cleaning up the yard and pond so we can plant flowers to enjoy all summer! I love being outside and playing in the dirt!!!!
 I did get all 9 window boxes planted. Joe made me new ones last year cause the old ones were falling apart. Then we stained them black and I LOVE them. It is such a pretty contrast against the color of the decks. Ther are 5 window boxes on theis deck and 2 on the breakfast room deck and 2 on the deck off our room.
 This bench gets moved out to beside the pond.

 I planted impatiens in all the boxes. Red, orange, white, pink and purple.
 These 2 hanging pots have ferns from the yard in them. They will fill out pretty quickly. The other 2 hanging pots will have ivy geraniums in them.
 We brought the hibiscus (that we managed to keep ALIVE all winter) out to the deck for the day since it was so nice.
 Here is my bench that I got last year and just LOOOOOVE! It has cushions that I will show you on a later post but it was supposed to rain so I didn't put them out. Can you see the twiggy back and seat? LOVE it! Almost too pretty to cover with the cushions!
 Last year I also traded in all the ugly plastic pots for pretty ceramic ones....AAAHHHH, so much better! Mr. frog is quite content out here on the deck for the summer. He listens for his cousins that reside in the pond:)

 These 2 share a secret:)
 This is "Joe Cool" :):)
Close up of the bench.
 The furniture came with 4 swivel rockers that are around the table and 2 chairs and this table for 2.

 Today I bought a geranium for this pot.
 We hang several lanterns around the deck for at night. Love the glow. These are from Pier One several years ago.
 Hubby installing the water pump in the pond.


 Amazing to me that the moss survives the winter with ICE covering it for months!!!!
 There it is running! Love the sound of the water.
 One of my fish that I add to the pond.
 One of the pagodas.
 This one sits in the upper pond with my little "guy" next to him.
 My cranes from Target several years ago.  Are you getting the oriental vibe I am going for here???:):)
Today I bought more flowers so next week (or maybe tomorrow) we will get more done. I will kee you posted. I wish you all a happy and blessed Easter!!!! XO, Pinky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top