Hi everyone! Now that Fall is here, and we have had some cooler days I have gotten back into cooking some good, COMFORTING food. This is one of our favorite recipes, I have made this since we got married, almost 44 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe that:):)  So, here is what you need. This is simple and delicious. First, brown your pork chops on both sides. I sprinkle them with garlic powder and pepper.

 While they are browning slice a nice BIG onion, or 2 smaller ones (we LOVE onions) and a few stalks of celery. I did 3 stalks the other night. Mix together a can of tomato soup and a small can of tomato sauce.

 When the chops are browned add the veggies. I then deglazed the pan with about 1/3 cup red wine.
 and then the soup mixture. Bring it all to a nice boil then turn down the heat to a simmer and let it cook for at least an hour! The chops will be SO tender the longer you cook them.
 I steamed a bunch of fresh broccoli for our side.

 I always serve the chops over rice with another side of applesauce. Pork chops and apple sauce are just a MUST to me:):)  Hope if you try this you will enjoy it. We sure do! I am joining Gollum at Foodie Friday and Yvonne for On The Menu Monday. Here are the links: http://www.designsbygollum.blogspot.com/
http://www.stonegable.blogspot.com/   XO, Pinky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top