Good Sunday evening, my friends! Yesterday was our 45th Anniversary and we hosted our dinner group!  This was our very first dinner party in our NEW HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got these new turkey plates so wanted to use them since we are days away from Thanksgiving. And boy, do I have ALOT to be Thankful for! I started with a green table cloth, then a twiggy placemat for texture.
 I also like to add a little "fluff" between the plates for fun! I also added some leaves between the charger and the dinner plate.
 A leaf embossed napkin ring encircles the leaf embellished napkins.
 I love the edge of the turkey plates.
 And the turkey looks as if he is "struttin his stuff":):)
 I paired my leaf embossed wine glasses with the amber water goblets.
 And, I used my brown bamboo flatware. I love using it all during the Fall. It will SOON be replaced with my red flatware for the holidays.
 You can see the leaves on the napkins in this shot.

 Our menu was chicken marsala, sweet potato casserole and broccoli with garlic and butter. The pumpkin gravy boat held the DELICIOUS gravy. Is your mouth watering yet:)


 Since we didn't have alot of room for the FOOD, I opted for a simple centerpiece of a hurricane with a candle nestled into a bed of acorns.
 The wine glasses each have 3 different colored leaves on them....







 On this wall I have this small server. The cornucopia that I made several years ago sits here along with 2 large candle holders with heavily detailed candles. I didn't get a GOOD shot of the candles, sorry.

 This is the dining room, looking from the foyer. I had that large round table in the corner to hold the food plates while we were eating. It doesn't stay there.






 We put the chicken marsala on the turkey platter. I am sorry I didn't get a picture of the sweet potatoes or brocolli.


We all had a great evening. It is VERY hard for me to believe that we have been married for 45 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I must have been 3:):):) Thanks SO much for your visit. I truly appreciate each and every one of you!!!!!! I will be joining these parties:
METAMORPHOSIS MONDAY
LET’S DISH
TABLESCAPE THURSDAY
SEASONAL SUNDAY
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesdays Treasures
Tutorials and Tips Tuesday at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
It's A Party on Thursday at A Creative Princess
Show and Share on Thursday at Southern Lovely
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Share Your Creations on Thursday at Kristen's Creations
Remodelaholic's Anonymous on Friday at Remodelaholic
Addicts (not so) Anonymous on Friday at Addicted 2 Decorating
Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Potpourri Friday at 2805
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Sew Darn Crafty Sunday at http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top