I never said I would be quick about this whole living room update right? Good. Because it is painfully obvious that I'm taking my own sweet time with this room seeing as I first posted about it in August. The beginning of August.

So I could apologize for my laziness and give all sort of excuses as to why this little room is taking so long, blah blah blah. Or, I could just get on with it and given an update. An update you say? You are so positive, I knew I liked you!

Now if you are anything like me, you will need a refresher on the original to do list.

1. Paint walls, ceiling and trim (not in that order)
2. Paint and recover chairs
3. Figure out room layout
4. Get artwork
5. Sew pillows and curtains
6. Clean rug or Get new rug?
7. Find/Make coffee table
8. Address window seat
9. Lighting
10. Paint 'other' items as needed
11. Couch finishing touches (half way done)

And actually, now that I'm looking at it, I have gotten a lot done. Go me!

The walls have been painted one of my very favorite colors - Arrowroot by Pratt & Lambert. And the ceilings are a very pale blue (I can't remember the name at the moment) that seems to change color several times throughout the day, which I love.

In addition to the walls, I painted some furniture as well. If you saw my guest post at The Pink Pagoda a while back then you saw this. 

And I have a serious crush on my prints from The Pink Pagoda as well. That little lady looks so good! And so does her hubs, hanging on the other side of the room.

I'm still playing around with pillows and some other little things.


But I do have some help arranging flowers.

Curtains were hung last night and the trim on a new seat cushion is complete.

Now I just need to clean the place up a bit and snap some pictures. Easier said than done in this gloomy weather. But progress has been made! I have not forgotten nor abandon the living room. It lives!!

Do you have any projects that you can't seem to get around to finishing? Any lingering lists? Want to come over and help me take some pictures?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top