Hi my friends! Happy Wednesay to you all. It is JUST starting to rain here and the snow is supposed to follow soon. YCK!!!!!!! Last week I tried a new recipe, and set a pretty table just for the 2 of us. I thought I would share both with you. I have a complete set of the brown dishes with the dark brown band. I use them for everyday dishes all fall. The pumpkin plates are from Walmart! They are plain but dress up the brown plates s nicely.
 I also like to use my brown bamboo flatware during the all months.
 The brown bubble goblets held apple cider for me and water for Joe. The acorn and pumpkin S and P are from the $$ store several years ago:

 Here are a few shots of preparing the scalloped sweet potatoes. I forgot to shoot some pictures til I was almost done, sorry!!!! I did only use ONE sweet potato, like the recipe says and it was plenty for Joe and I and we had it left over.
 I used 2 apples though, and I didn't have corn syrup so used maple syrup! I say improvise when you have to!!!!
 I had country syle ribs cooking in the crockpot all day and the house smelled wonderful! I just brown them then out them in the crockpot with about 1/2 to 3/4 of a jar of BBQ sauce. That's it!! They fell off the bones!
 We both love broccoli and eat it often!
Here is the recipe  for you for the scalloped sweet potatoes:

Scalloped Sweet Potatoes

 Scalloped Sweet Potatoes

This comforting blend of sweet potatoes, apples and pecans has a small yield, so you won't end up with a pan of leftovers. Now that our three boys are grown, I cook for just my husband and me.—Marjorie Wilkerson, Dighton, Kansas
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.

Ingredients

  • 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced
  • 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
  • 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/3 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon chopped Diamond of California® Pecans

Directions

  • In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, layer half the sweet potato slices,
  • apple slices and crumbs. Repeat layers. Pour corn syrup over top;
  • sprinkle with salt. Dot with butter; sprinkle with nuts. Cover and
  • bake at 400° for 35 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 437 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top