Good afternoon my dear friends!!! My dear friend Yvonne is having her part of the Homespun Christmas blogging party and I wanted to be a part of it too! So, I set a table for 4 since my sister and our son are coming up from Fl. to be here for Christmas! I am SO excited and can't wait to see both of them! My sister has not been "home" for Christmas in 8 years!!!!  I decided on a "rustic luxe" theme, it seems to be all the rage right now:):) I found these beautiful bird plates last year at WALMART of all places, and they FLEW right into my cart!!!! I knew I could build a table around them and that is what I did.  As you know, we lived in a heavily wooded lot at our old house and so I thought about all the things you could gather in the woods where the birds reside. Since the dinner plates have a pine tree on the edge, naturally, pine cones had to be my accessory! I found these 2 pine cone candles years ago and knew I would use them. I elevated one of the votive cups onto another clear votive cup to give it some height and presence!!!
 These morning shadowy shots are my VERY favorite!!!
 I have had these DEAR little deer for many years. I also perched a small bird on the edge of the charger. You have seen these white chargers many times I know, but they are so versatile and special to me.
 My red goblets will hold our Christmas beverages.
 I started with my favorite red and white tablecloth. It doesn't scream Christmas and that is what I love about it. The stack of dishes is my white charger, a dark green dinner plate, my everyday Christmas dinner plate (I will share more about them in another post), and then the bird plate. As you can see, there are 2 different birds featured; a red cardinal and a chickadee!!!!


 The edges of the salad plates are scalloped as you can see in this shot.
 My centerpiece is a gathering of all things you would find in the woods: pine cones, evergreens, twig balls, even an antler shed!!! They are all contained in my tiered, iron bowl stand. I mixed in some red ornaments, a pinecone for the symbol of hospitality, some nuts, and on the very top a new nest I just found. I also have a REAL nest, found in our yard, in the back and forgot to get a shot of that.



 ALL of the pine cones were gathered in years past from under the pine trees at the old house.
 I also found these cute tiny pinecone votives! I put one at each placesetting.

 2 napkins are gathered into a twiggy wreath shaped ring! Confession: I do have plain red napkins but they needed ironing and I didn't feel like dragging out the ironing board:):)



 As dusk approaches it is time to light our candles. What a beautiful glow they cast over everything!!! The tree is also lit everynight while we eat too.
 My bird S and P are put to use for this table too.




How I LOVE the Christmas season and opening our home to family and friends!!! I wish each and EVERY one of you the most merry, blessed, joyous Christmas season. XO, Pinky
I will be linking to these parties:
A HOMESPUN CHRISTMAS~TABLESCAPES (STONEGABLE)

Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday~

Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up~

StoneGable for On the Menu Monday~

Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday~

2805 for Potpourri Friday~

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays~

StoneGable for Tutorials Tips and Tidbits~

WOW! Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
What's It Wednesday? at Ivy and Elephants
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top