Good morning my friends! I ahve decked these halls and am having so much fun decorating this new house! When it came to the mantle I have to say I do kinda miss my old mantle, that Joe built. It was 9 feet wide so LOTS of room to decorate. However, I have adjusted:):) I AM going to experiment a little next year with attaching a garland to go drape down from the mantle too. But this year I kept it simpler, well simple for me:)  I just LOOOOVE my "dancing deer". I found them several years ago and don't think I will ever tire of them I even saw them in Southern Woman magazine!
 The grapevine deer that lives in the center of my wreath is still here. I love him too.

 The 2 Santas on each end are handmade by a woman in Texas. They are both "Polish Santas". She researches what they would have worn and sends you a copy of her findings explaining why she dressed them as she did. They are both holding a real doll from Krakow! The writing on the bottom of each doll tells you. Priceless....to me!
 See his little doll???
 I used red and gold accents in the garland; pinecones, berries, etc.
 Pretty gold picks accent the ends.
 On the hearth I have 2 gold trees and 2 gold reindeer.
 In the center is a Joyce Ditz Santa riding a 3 wheeled bicycle and carrying some Christmas trees.

 I added some gold "ting ting" (remember that), to the wreath for a subtle wow staement.
 Spray painted gold pods and dried hydrangeas from my old yard. These will be replaced nest year, probably.

 On each side of the hearth I placed a Santa too.

 Here we are with everything all lit up!



 I llove to sit in here at night and just enjoy the lights. I also love that I can see all this from my kithen sink or table too!!!!! I LOVE this open area!




I hope you have enjoyed seeing my Christmas mantle. I will be linking to these parties:
Metamorphosis Monday-BNOTP
Motivated Monday at Be Colorful
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Cowgirl Up on Tuesday



Tutorials and Tips Tuesday at Home Stories A to Z

Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
DIY by Design on Wednesday
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits on Thursday at Stone Gable
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Share Your Creations on Thursday at Kristen's Creations

Potpourri Friday at 2805
Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence
http://www.frommyfrontporchtoyours.com/2012/12/fmfpty-2nd-annual-holiday-mantle-party.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top