Hello my friends! Today was a VERY lazy day for me, and I think I needed it. I have been fighting off SOMETHING and needed some down time. BUT, Joe spent all day cooking. He made his amazing meatballs, and I did help clean up, then he had his home made manicotti in the freezer so we had meatballs and manicotti for dinner. I am a LUCKY girl! He added spinach to the manicotti this time and I LOVED it. I will post the manicotti recipe on another post.
 We shared part of a bottle of red wine that our former neighbors brought us yesterday. It was delicios too. Do you like my animal print wine glasses? They are my faves:):)
My wish for you all is a happy, healthy and blessed new year. So looking forward to all that is in store for 2013. XO, PinkyHere is the recipe for the meatballs:
2 lbs. 80% lean ground beef (but he uses the meatloaf mix)
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. chili flakes
1/2 tsp. fennel seed, ground
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 TBLS. oregano, chopped
1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
2 eggs
2 Tbls. olive oil
Directions:
1-preheat oven to 450 degrees
2-combine all of the ingredients except the olive oil in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand til thoroughly incorporated
3-drizzle the olie oil into a 9 by 12 baking dish to coat, we use a paper towel
4- roll the mixture into round balls making sure to apck the meat firmly
5- place the ballsinto the baking dish evenly in rows (we do 4 rows of 6)
6- roast til cooked through, about 20 mins.
7- when the meatballs are raosting, heat 4 cups of marinara sauce in a small pot.
8- when the meatballs are firm and fully cooked, drain the excess grease from the pan. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and continue roasting them for 14 mins. MANGA!!!! and ENJOY!!!!!
 Linking to these parties:

Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday~


Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up~


StoneGable for On the Menu Monday~


Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday~


2805 for Potpourri Friday~


The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top