Morning sunshines! I hope you all had a great weekend. I have a long overdue update on the entry for you. So let's jump in, shall we?

To jog your memory, here is where I left the space back in June. Yes, I said June. (read parts 1 and 2 of the entry makeover here and here)


We all agreed at the time that the placeholder mirror wasn't doing anyone any favors and it didn't really add anything. I'm trying me best to be a thoughtful and slow caretaker of this little house and wait for the right thing rather than just buying the closest thing. I looked on Craigslist, thrift stores and antique shops and found a big fat nothing.


Then I went on vacation and made a stop in one of my favorite antique stores in Sarasota. And this little gem was just waiting for me in the corner. A cool shape and the right size to not dwarf the bench or the narrow wall where it would sit. The man at the shop told me he had just bought it at an estate sale at the oldest house in Sarasota (which is why he hadn't hung it up yet) but he is also quite a shyster so who knows what the real story is.

At any rate it is the same store I got my coffee table and one of the raspberry dressers in my living room from, and I like that I get so many of my orphans from the same spot.

I've drifted off topic..where was I? Ah yes, the mirror. So the paint job on the mirror was not in good shape and it wasn't the right color. So I sprayed it black and bam - I'm calling this entry done.


I had originally wanted to add some sconces to either side of the mirror but all the ones I liked were too wide for the space. Then my genius mother suggested we go to a shop we are lucky enough to have downtown that sells nothing but vintage china.


We found this great pattern with all the colors of the entry and the living room. Love that pattern and that woman.





Feels good to have that wrapped up.

Have you held out for the right piece before? Has it taken forever to find something to fit in a spot in your house? Want to borrow my mom for her problem-solving skills? She's good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top