Our table has been set the same for a while now and I needed to do a new setting. I really enjoy changing things up! Plus I have these wonderful plates from Walmart that I have seen all over blogland and wanted to use them too. I got the bird design ones last year and new ones ths year. Joe's favorite bird is the male cardinal so that is his place setting.
 The chickadees are for me. I used my favorite red tablecloth embroidered with white and then layered on a square wicker charger, a white ceramic charger, a red dinner plate and the bird plates. They are then topped with a tiny pot that is stuffed with greens, berries and pinecones. All these things are what you would find in the woods if you took a nice walk. We have beautiful walking trails here that we enjoy very much.
 I gathered a red and a white napkin into a twiggy napkin ring for even more texture.
 Real pinecones and pine cone candles have landed on this table too. This is the female cardinal, for my placesetting.
 Bird S and P of course.
 My centerpiece is a 2 tiered wire basket filled with things from nature: pinecones, greens, berries, antlers, and some red mini ornaments for color.
A twiggy ball joins the mix.
 This sparkly birdhouse is a new favorite! I added the bird at the opening.
 The tiny pinecone votives are used along with 3 inch pinecone candles.
 a little bird flew under the votive holder.
 I just turned 2 glasses over to crate a candle holder so they wouldn't be too high.



 I LOVE how the plates are scalloped.

 Here are the other 2 scenes I got this year; the deer and
 the tree with a tiny bunny! I had this tiny bunny so added it to the dish.
 But then he hopped right over to the edge.


 He wanted to play with the birds, I guess.
 A Christmasy nest rests in the centerpiece too.
 and I always like to use a pineapple as the symbol of hospitality!
 Let's light the candles, I love the glow at night!!!








Thanks SO much for taking time to vist at this busy time. I wish you all a VERY merry Christmas!!! XO, Pinky
I am linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top