Good Saturday evening! I hope you are staying warm, we are getting MORE snow. Actually I think it has turned to rain or freezing rain now. Our Christmas home tour was last evening and it was GREAT! I guess we had 50 or more people through, and everyone seemed to love it. So, I wanted to share my tree. This is the only spot in this house that the tree will fit and it is HARD to get a good shot of the whole thing. In person you can stand and see the whole thing but the camera won't capture it all.
 I love, LOVE red and gold and that is the main color combination I use in my decorating.

 Most of the men asked who decorates the tree and were surprised that I do it. They asked if I climbed a ladder to do the top.....well, YEAH!! I am only 5 feet so have to use a 10 foot step ladder. The topper is created with 2 large bows that are added first then the red and gold sticks and berries are added. TIP: I leave the topper done when I take the tree down, then only have to kinda FLUFF it next year. The tree is 3 pieces so this works well.
 This is my view when I sit at the table to eat.

 Love these star ornaments.
 Some BIG ornaments for large spaces. And you can see some of the red and gold branches I use too.
 another tip is to tuck some ornaments INTO the tree to fill in and add interest. The Santa in the sleigh was a gift to my in-laws one year, it was made in Poland.


 I also use large stems of red or gold branches, stuck into the tree branches.

 I got this nativity many years ago and it sits under the tree every year. Joe made the creche, he designed it from the creche hs parents had when he was a child. Carved the star and lit it too. I love it. The figurines are all made of clay. I have another Hummel nativity that I will show you later.


 This is one if the ornaments that my Mom made many years ago. Do you remember these?
 My "crystal" ornaments. Actually they are plastic and found at the DOLLAR STORE!!!
Hope you enjoyed seeing my tree. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Christmas love to you all!!!!
I am linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top