I've been slowly working on getting my house Christmas ready and one of the things that keeps a pep in my step for this yearly ritual is the idea of mixing it up. What will I do with the mantel this year? What type of tree should we get? Lights outside or not?

Sneak peak of my mantel from Instagram

I don't find it stressful, I find it comforting. It is almost as if I'm adding another layer of warmth just as it gets extra frigid outside. It gets me in the spirit and sparks special memories and traditions. (Cue the Hallmark movie cheese ball music)

What about you? Do you put everything in the same place every year? Do you clear the decks and start fresh each year? Do you have any weird traditions or items that you must do/pull out before it feels like the holidays have started?

And don't forget to catch today's feature on the 12 Days of Christmas Tour of Homes. I've listed the first three homes below.

Day 1 - Evolution of Style
Day 2 - Shine Your Light
Day 3 - Dixie Delights


Happy Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top