Thanks again everyone for the birthday wishes! It was a great 2 days (I always count the 4th as my birthday as well). My day started with these


and kept getting better from there. This was 'the year of the table', as I got not 1 or 2 but 3 tables for my birthday this year. (Don't let my mom and I loose on the retail world). More on those tables another day but today I have a different table in mind. Or lack of a table rather.

I'm narrowing in on a complete living room plan but one thing that is missing is a coffee table. Coffee tables are a touchy subject in this house as that is the only piece of furniture that has a 'the one that got a way' story. It is too sad to mention but just know that it had an antique round marble top and the most awesome and unique base...see I can't even talk about it. I'll cry. Anyway, moving on.

We need a coffee table. A round coffee table.

We could go with something in honor of 'the table that cannot be named'.
cb2
via Bryn Alexandra
My Best Friend Craig
But I'm afraid it will always be compared to the one we wanted and will therefore never feel right.

We could go in a completely different direction and go for lucite.

Peppermint Bliss
Meredith Heron
Lonny Magazine
Very different for me but would certainly keep the space feeling open.

Or, we can go for round fluffy goodness. No, not Kim K's arse, an ottoman.

Bryn Alexandra
Jeneration Interiors
Effortless Style
I won't say which way I'm leaning but I will say that I shamelessly watched Keeping Up With The Kardashians for the first time yesterday. (No one needs to know that but us, right?)

What type of coffee table(s) do you have? Do you have a piece of furniture that you can't decide on? Does anyone else get 3 tables for their birthday?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top