HI everyone!!! I hope you are trying to keep COOL in this crazy heat! Last night I hosted 4 ladies for a dinner. We call ourselves The Crafy Ladies, because we started out getting together to do a craft. We still do but last night was just dinner. I wanted to have them since it might be the last time I could have them in this house! My colors were chosen because I wanted to use my hydrangeas that are now turning a beautiful green! 2 years ago we used my hydrangeas for the centerpieces for our daughter's wedding!!!! SO, since Black and White with a touch of green is a favorite color combo of mine, that is what I did.
 I found these great PEAR candles a few years ago at Home Goods so I placed fresh pears in the bowls. I love to use fresh flowers and fruits. The pears don't LOOK to great but were the ONLY ones at the grocery and they TASTE wonderful!!!!
 Aren't the candles pretty!?
 I used a white tablecloth for a cool background, a green and white placemat, a rustic rattan charger, a green dinner plate, solid white dessert plate, black and white scroll salad plate and the bowl on top.
 The print of the salad plate matches very well with the npkins! The wire nest votive holders gave another touch of casualness to the table.
 This was our entree, Monterey Chicken. I will share the recipe this week. It was DELICIOUS!!!!
 Baked squash was our vegetable. I will be sharing all of these recipes since they all were great!!!!
 and this sald of arugula, watermelon, feta and mint was outstanding!!!
 Oh honey! I could have eaten that whole bowl:)
 It was served with this wonderful, citrus dressing. In my cabbage gravy boat that I found recently at....Home Goods!!!! Yes, I do practically live there:):)
 At the end of the table, I placed the dessert dishes, along with the forks, on a cake plate. They are ready to be used at the end of our meal.
 While I was doing the table and before I cut the hydrangeas I put my faux arrangement on the table so I knew what size I wanted. I used a green goblet and a clear goblet for our drinks.
 See how lovely the napkin is with the plate?
 My frog S and P joined us at the table.

 Thanks once again for your visit. I will be playing at these parties too:
Tablescape Thursday-BNOTP
Full Plate Thursday-Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday-My Romantic Home
Inspiration Friday-At The Picket Fence
Sunday Favorites-Happy to Design
Seasonal Sundays-The Tablescaper
Metamorphosis Monday-BNOTP
Motivate Me Monday-Keeping it Simple
Tabletop Tuesday-A Stroll Thru Life
Cowgirl Up-Cedar Hill Ranch
Let's Dish-Cuisine Kathleen
Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits-StoneGable
 XOXO, Pinky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top