I am so flattered that Elizabeth has asked me to be a guest blogger while she enjoys some much needed R&R.  Hi, I'm Heather from Vivid Hue Home.  One thing you should know about me is that I love color and patterns and textures.  And I love to mix them all together!







My philosophy is you should have fun with design. Don't be timid to mix and match patterns and styles. Use color. Mix antique with modern, flea market with new. Show your personality. You can't go wrong with doing what feels right. 



Don't believe me?  Here's proof from my own home








I have long been a believer that fashion and decor are closely linked together.  The runway not only dictates fashion trends but also guides how colors, fabrics and styles will transcend into the home.  Apparently, I'm not the only one that thinks this.  The theme for this fall's
High Point Market 2012 is "Fashion Focus." 


I wanted to have some fun with ya'll today and show you some fabulous examples where runway fashion meets interior decor: 


Versace Fall 2012 RTW and Elle Decor




Tracy Reese Fall 2012 RTW and Elle Decor



Todd Snyder Fall 2012 and Elle Decor




Prada 2013 and Elle Decor



Mulberry Spring 2012 and Elle Decor



Erin Fetherston Resort 2012 and Elle Decor



Elie Tahari Resort 2012 and Elle Decor



Burbery Prorsum Fall 2012 and Elle Decor




Gen Art Fall 2012 RTW and Elle Decor




DVF Spring 2012 and Elle Decor

Chanel Resort 2013 and Elle Decor

Marc Jacobs Resort 2013 and Los Angeles Times

Gucci Resort 2013 and Apartment Therapy




Michael Kors Spring 2011 RTW and Elle Decor




Elie Tahari Fall 2012 RTW and Elle Decor
{All of these fabulous photos are courtesy of Fashion Decor}


Next time you're stumped with how to re-decorate that room in your home that doesn't quite seem like it's getting finished, try looking down at your outfit for inspiration--ha! 



I hope you've enjoyed this tour and I'd love if you came to visit me over at Vivid Hue Home.  Heck, feel free to stay awhile! 


xoxo Heather from Vivid Hue Home







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top