Thanks everyone for your kind words about my hand. Being a one handed mamma isn't easy, especially with so many zippers to zip and hands to stuff in tiny gloves, but the hubs is properly babying me and I'll be back in fighting shape soon. 

So in the mean time enjoy a little Fess Up fun with my girl Bethany from Powell Brower at Home. Bethany is a woman of many talents, including a successful design business she runs with mom Nancy, another full time job, dog training and general awesomeness. And on top of all that she just happens to crack me up most of the time. And we all know how much I love funny people. Let's see what she has to fess up about...


I love what Elizabeth is cooking up with the Fess Up Fridays so I am thrilled to fess up today!  Thanks, E! Apparently I have a few things to get off my chest because I have two fess ups, one design related and one not.  Let's start with the latter.

This actually may come as no surprise to those closest to me (ahem, Mom) but I hate talking on the phone.  Hate.


I live at my desk and look at this clutter!  I basically live on the phone for work, so I hate to answer it afterhours.  Texts and email have become such an efficient way to communicate and I have started to prefer them.  I've come to think of phone calls as the bearers of bad news -- an unwanted request I have a hard time fielding or a certain satellite radio company calling about my subscription every.single.day.  When I commuted to and from work, I relied so heavily on the phone to ease my boredom.  Now, I'd rather save my chats for in-person or weekends. I am a type-A, bubbly extrovert and while I am quite chatty, I find that coupled with the hyper-connectivity of the world, I am left feeling like I want to unplug and recharge my batteries.  I just want to be unreachable for a little while.  Although if you were to ask my husband and mom, I'm sure they'd confer I already am. 

Tell me...do you like the phone? Do you prefer to text or talk? Is it just my generation? I used to think my hipster brother, on the cusp of a different generation, was more likely to side-button a phone call. Now I find it's me!  

Next secret...

I heart a good karate chopped pillow.  I know some decorators hate them and I can see where they are obnoxious at times.  I find myself coveting structure because I live in a world full of down-fill fails.  We're a one-sofa-household and that poor thing has been lounged on and squashed half to death by my husband and three dogs!  Thankfully, I get about 8 hours of karate-chopped bliss with my euro shams every day.  But for all other areas of the house, it's usually misshapen and disheveled land. 


How about you? Do you "hi-yah" your pillows?















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top