Good Sunday Evening everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the process of decorating for the holidays! I am all finished and can finally RELAX and enjoy my efforts! I am joining some linky parties for the holidays and especially tonight the Mantle party over at From My Porch to yours. The button for the party is right on my left sidebar so click on there and see LOTS of beautiful mantles!!!! I have been collecting Santas for almost 30 years now so have quite an extensive collection. This first one I am showing you was handmade by a lady in Texas. She did this to put her daughter through college. We eventually bought 4 from her but this was our first. He is a Polish Santa, and she would research what they would have worn and included a typed page to explain everyting!
 Here is a shot of the entire mantle. I redid my wreath this year, added alot of picks and some gold swirly sticks (remember "ting ting"!!!!) The Santa on the left is another Polish Santa from Texas that we bought for Joe's parents. When they died we inherited it.
 The beads are new this year too. BUT, I only wanted the one simple strand of beads because I didn;t want to hide the beauty of the mantle and bamboo molding. Joe MADE the mantle and did the bamboo trim. That stuff was a BUGGER to stain!!!!
 My 2 dancing reindeeer are treasures of mine. I had them for 2 years when I got my copy of Southern Lady magazine, opened it up and there were MY reindeer in someones house!!!!! I was so excited to see them!:) The gold trees are narrow so perfect for the mantle. They sure SPARKLE at night with the lights.
 The wicker reindeer attached to the wreath with wire, we found many years ago in Intercourse, Pa. at a neat old hardware type shop! Joe attached the red ball to his nose.

 I used the same ribbons for the bows that I used for my tree toppwer since they are right next to each other.
 The Santa in the center is a Joyce Ditz santa. I have several of them now too, including a LIFE SIZED one that greets you as you come in the front door. I will share him soon!
 Some details of the mantle decorations


 You can see in this shot how narrow the trees are.
 Here is a shot of the hearth. The Santa in the center is another Ditz Santa. He is carrying trees in the basket on his bike.
 I love this guys plaid coat.



 This is the first Polish Santa I showed you. Both of them are carrying a doll made in Poland!
 Isn't she sweet!? There is writing on the bottom of theirs stands, in Polish, that says made in Krakow.

 I was trying to show the writing but it came out too blurry, sorry.

 "Rudolph, the red nosed reindeer"....

 Our velvet stockings. When I saw them I loved them and they really match the red and gold theme I have on here.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my mantle. I will also join in at some of these parties too:
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Motivated Monday at Be Colorful
Making the World Cuter Monday at Making the World Cuter
More the Merrier Monday at DIY Home Sweet Home Project
Savvy Homemade Monday at Home Savvy A to Z
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tutorials and Tips Tuesday at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
It's A Party on Thursday at A Creative Princess
Show and Share on Thursday at Southern Lovely
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Share Your Creations on Thursday at Kristen's Creations
Hookin’ Up on Thursday with House of Hepworths
Addicts (not so) Anonymous on Friday at Addicted 2 Decorating
Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
Thanks once again for stopping by. I love to read your sweet comments so please let me know you were here! Happy Holidays to all!!!!!!!!!! XO, Pinky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top