Hello my friends! Today I am taking you on a tour of my living room all dressed for Christmas. There are alot of pics so please get comfy:) I hope you will enjoy the tour. When I said decorating here is like moving I wasn't kidding. EVERYTHING is replaced by Christmas decor!!!!! We will start here with the TREE!!!! It is a 10 foot "slim" tree. We had a regular one for several years but it was TOO wide for this space. It made it hard to get into the room on that side. My color scheme is red and gold, as you can see. I did this tree pretty inexpensively, getting many of the items on sale or even 75% off!!! Lots of the smaller ornaments were even purchased at the dollar store. Pretty does NOT have to be expensive!!!!
 I will take you down the tree in sections. Here is the topper. I tie 2 big fluffy bows near the top then add the sticks etc. The bows act as kind of an anchor for the other elements. 2 bows look like one big one when placed one on the front and one at the back.


 At the base of the tree, we place one of our nativity sets. My Joe made the creche. He modeled it on one they had when he was a child.
 Here are some of the beautiful ornaments. It took me 2 years to collect all the ornaments and other elements.
 This is a poinsetta and I got a 4 pack of them, this year, at Lowes! I saw them and LOVED them!
 A velvet like material and beads on the larger ball.
 I also use red branches and 3 different types of gold branches as filler. Another tip is to place some large ornaments IN the tree for depth. It gives so much more visual interest to the tree. See the big gold ball in there?
These pieces really looks like crystal but (SHHH) they are NOT! They are plastic from ....the $ store!!!!!!!!!! I got about 60 of them, I think they were like 5 for a dollar!
 I found many different types of ornaments in red and gold. This one is actually cut out. I'd say about 99% of them are also non breakable.
 LOVE these star ornaments.

 A reindeer is on this one.
 Another type of poinsetta ornament.
 Gold filagree ornament.
 Another tip: use different SHAPED ornaments as well as different sizes.

 Now onto the rest of the room. This is a Fitz and Floyd Santa, a gift from Joe one year. He is sitting on my blue and white garden seat.
 This is our Hummel nativity on the credenza. I adore this set!!!!! I actually didn't want J. to buy the camels cause I thought they were too expensive. I am SO glad he didn't listen to me;):)
 Our best friends gave us the creche for our 25th anniversary. They never made this one again so I feel fortunate to have it!
 Mary and Joseph, the donkey and cow.
 The "reason for the season", we should NOT forget that!!!!
 The shepards. They have such beautiful, hunmble expressions.
 Here are the 3 kings.


 Here are the magnificent camels. I truly love them.
 We always add this piece too. It is not part of the nativity but it is so pretty I like to show it too.
 The angel keeps watch over the stable.
 "O, come let us adore Him".

 This is the coffee table, with a F and F Santa and reindeer candle holders, sitting on a beaded small runner. One of Joe's smokers is sitting here too sometimes.
 This piece usually has part of my blue and white collection on it. At Christmas they are all replaced with angels!
 I'll show you each shelf...
 The angel on this shelf holding the candle is a Hummel and is musical!



 These next 2 ornaments were made by my Mom for my kids many years ago! This is the girl angel and....
 this is the boy choir boy. They are done in shells and I still love them and the memories they represent.
 These 2 reindeer on the sofa tables are covered in like a crushed nut covering. I actually don't know how to describe it, it isn't really nuts but not sure what. Just PRETTY!!!
 This is one of the 4 Santas from the lady in Texas. I call this one my "Regal" Santa because he is wearing a REAL mink coat and hat!!!!!!!!! I now realize I should have taken a pic fro the back too, sorry! But it is a full length coat. I, however do NOT have one:):)


 This is my Italian Santa. Since we got the Polish one first for Joe, we decided the next year I should have an Italian one;) He is holding a doll from Italy!
 Here you can better see the covering on the 2 reindeer.
 I got this ornament last year when we toured Winterthur Museum.



 Another few shots of the mantle. Most of you have seen this but it iS part of the living room.
 Didn't get these shots while it was good daylight but you get the idea:)


 This year I bought 2 red pots to keep for my poinsettias. We always place 2 on the elephants at Christmas.
 This pillow is in the center of the sectional.





Thanks so much for your visit. I am having alot of fun showing you my Christmas decor! Tomorrow I will try to show you outside, then we will come back in. I will be joing all the great parties that are going on. SO much beauty and inspiration out there now!!!  See the party button on my left sidebar too for links to Christmas parties too!!!! XO, Pinky
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Motivated Monday at Be Colorful
Making the World Cuter Monday at Making the World Cuter
More the Merrier Monday at DIY Home Sweet Home Project
Savvy Homemade Monday at Home Savvy A to Z
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tutorials and Tips Tuesday at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
It's A Party on Thursday at A Creative Princess
Show and Share on Thursday at Southern Lovely
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Share Your Creations on Thursday at Kristen's Creations
Hookin’ Up on Thursday with House of Hepworths
Addicts (not so) Anonymous on Friday at Addicted 2 Decorating
Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top