Fess Up Friday today is one I could have written myself. The lovely and uber talented Kathy of My Interior Life is here and I'm thrilled. Kathy and I see eye to eye when it comes to style and today's post is just another example of why she is my design-self of the south. So Kathy, what do you have to share?



I'm so excited to be here at Little Black Door today. Elizabeth is one of my favorite bloggers - so funny and real with both a killer sense of style and eye for color. What more could you ask for? She's a girl after my own heart. As an interior design blogger and decorator myself, I share her love of classic and traditional elements with some color and other unexpected elements thrown in for fun. Which actually leads me to fess up to a shameful decorating secret that I've been harboring for some time.

But first, I'll give you a hint by showing you some beautiful rooms that I just picked off my Pinterest boards . . .












So, what do these rooms have to do with me or my secret you might ask? Look closely at them. What do they all have in common (besides just being fabulous)? You got it - they're all white rooms. And I love them all. But guess what? I've got no white rooms in my own home! Yep, you read that right. I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but in my open concept home we went with a light, creamy (dare I even say the word?) beige (cringe) in most the spaces on the first floor. I know, I know . . . beige is boring. Beige is bland. What was I thinking? Well, besides my husband's vetoing the white idea, I didn't think it would work in our house. It just seemed too stark at the time when we had the walls painted several years ago. There I said it.

So . . . I've broken the cardinal rule of decorating by not using the clean, crisp white in my own home. Oh, the horror.




And yes, I love full-on color in certain rooms too like my dining room.


So, is it so horrible not to have any white rooms in my home? Are you shocked and appalled?? I hope not. But I do still love to look at white spaces. And who knows, I may go white at some point. I change my mind a lot. Ah, the joys of decorating and design ADD!

Thanks so much, Elizabeth, for having me. I feel like a weight has been lifted.

Raise your hand if you can relate. I've got two hands up myself. Thanks Kathy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top