Now that it is (finally) nice outside, I'm back to taking the long way...everywhere. There is not a road, avenue or lane that I have not explored in St. Louis and I will turn down any street in hopes of sneaking a peak at a good house. The terms "private street" or "residents only" mean nothing to me. If there is a residential street within 20 miles of here, I have been down it.

via
The girls don't even ask "where are we going" anymore. They know their crazy mom is just taking another one of her rides and we'll eventually arrive...somewhere.

via
But there are a small handful of houses that I drive by no matter the time of day or the weather. My bucket list houses. The houses that I would move heaven and earth to buy if they ever became for sale.

via
They are always old, usually run down and often appear to be 'virginal' (untouched and never rehabbed). All of them have great lots in wonderful (to me) locations. They are the houses that you drive by and never notice and I want them.

via
I really do love my house and can't think of leaving (anytime soon) but I do catch myself dreaming of living in those suckers. What I would do to them, how I would bring them back to life. It makes for a great Sunday drive.

via
What about you? Do you have any local houses that are on your bucket list? Ever drive a little out of your way to go thru a favorite neighborhood? Always wondered what was down that private street but have been afraid to turn? Stick with me, I'll show you around.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top