Spring has sprung, flowers are blooming and the One Room Challenge is back! That's damn good news people!

Twice a year Linda rounds up a group of 20 bloggers to design and put together a room in six weeks. Each Wednesday we all give updates on our progress and six weeks from today (fingers crossed) we unveil some pretty cool spaces. I'm lucky enough to be participating for the third time (see the first two rooms here) and I'm blown away by this group of participants. I mean, c'mon. Just take a look...



Pretty amazing, right?! Needless to say I've got to bring it people. The pressure is on! And what better way to alleviate pressure than to drink take on a huge job in a short time frame? Wait, that doesn't sound right.

No matter, I'm in the thick of it now. So what am I doing?


Welcome to my new home away from home for the next six weeks. Now you could be thinking - "What in the hell? She's doing a horder's bathroom?!" but let me explain.

This is the guest bathroom in my sister's condo (needless to say she doesn't have many guests these days). The whole condo needed A LOT of work when she move in and slowly over time she's been tackling each room as she could. Since she has another bathroom this room became the catch all for supplies, leftovers and castoffs that accumulate when you are under construction.

Well the good news is the rest of her condo has made some big headway. The bad news is that her guest bath looks like that. It is high time girlfriend has a place for guests to splash some cold water on their face after drinking a few of her tasty mojitos.




When we started to think about what was going to happen in this bathroom it took about sixty seconds to come up with blue and white. If y'all think I've got some collections, you should see my sister's place. She has more Chinoiserie in her house than....well anyone else I know (and that's saying a lot).

Realizing that particularly in a bathroom many fixed elements are just that - fixed (unique is not really a word that comes to mind when you think of toilets), we've done lots of hunting to find unique things to make this not just another bathroom. Good things are coming people. Believe it. I'm super excited for this one, it is going to be one major 'after'.

Now that you know my hair-brained scheme, let's see what the others have cookin.


Be sure to check for progress on Instagram, join the linking party tomorrow over at Linda's and come back next week when I hope to show a few less vacuums in the bathroom. That's a good goal for the first week, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top