Welcome back to week 2 of the One Room Challenge (you can catch up on the plan from week 1 here). We are only seven days in but we are off to a good start.


You may remember we started off with this; we had nowhere to go but up, right?


Demo was swift, thanks to a small bathroom and a hard working contractor. A contractor that also happens to be my very generous uncle. That's right, I'm either a genius or in the process of creating the most awkward Thanksgiving ever as I'm working with my sister and my uncle. I like to layer my stress, just like I layer my patterns. It adds a bit of spice to life.  So far though, we have worked together like a well oiled machine. It must be in the genes.




Plumbing fixes have been made and we took advantage of the open walls to move things ever so slightly, scootching the toilet over just a smidge to give a bit more elbow room for a new sink.



The backer board has been laid on the floor, the new tub is in place and green board is going up. We mean business in this family. And now that the tub is in place, you can get a better perspective on the size of this bathroom. Petite.


With such a small space though I am often staring out of the bathroom into the hallway. The unfinished hallway. Obviously my sister got halfway thru painting before realizing yellow wasn't her bag. So I've convinced her that we need to spruce this little spot up as well. After all, you can't have a fab bathroom next to a half painted hallway. Not on my watch.

This next week will be putting in the rest of the dry wall and maybe, fingers crossed, start tiling. If there is one thing I've learned about bathroom renos, it is that finger crossing is a must.

Be sure to check in with the other lovely ladies to see their progress for the week. And come back next week when we talk lighting, fixtures and fabric.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top